Monday, October 15, 2007

"DOMUS"

"Diamond Snakes" handstitched rug in wool

"Mumbling Slugs" machine stitched rug in wool

"Eat Upon Antlers" vintage dishes with painted antlers

"UVULA" handstitched rug in wool

"His & Hers" appliqued and embroidered hand towels


These are a few of the pieces that I made for the DOMUS show that Katy Irving curated. When she asked me to participate, I was overwhelmed because I hadn't been making anything at all. She thought I could pull it together and the domestic theme was pretty inspiring so I made this collection of housewares for the show. It ended up being a very positive experience and I'm thankful that it forced me to make things when I had been slacking.

It was the first time that I let the imagery I'd been using for my Lazer Beanz clothing designs spill onto different surfaces.

1 comment:

betsy said...

I scrolled through those photos thinking, "oh, whose fabulous talent is this?!" and it was you! That's just plain super.