I am so pleased to announce that I've just succeeded in making my goal of 200 Etsy sales in the year 2008. I have been running Argyle Whale since January at about half speed due to other jobs and so I'm doubling my goal to 400 Etsy sales for next year since I'm only working a few hours per week now. That would really be something!
I think 2009 is going to be my most ambitious year ever. I have big plans.
These are my big plans:
- Jenn and I are totally revamping argylewhale.com and adding a checkout.
- I am soliciting boutiques nationwide to develop wholesale accounts. My goal is 10.
- I am joining a street team and an artist's association.
- I am getting my own studio outside of my home!
- I may (If I'm accepted) do an artist's residency type thing in my town where I do workshops and get a mini storefront. A little Argyle Whale store for real!
- I am expanding my line to include items in a variety of price points. Big prints + little buttons.
- I am taking screen printing and letterpress classes so I can be prepared to transition out of Gocco printing when my supplies run out.
- I am hopefully going to go on semi-tour and have a full lineup of craft shows to vend at.
Holy frijoles! I have never written it all down in a list like that. I better get going!