Monday, December 22, 2008

Goal completion = bigger goals!


I am so pleased to announce that I've just succeeded in making my goal of 200 Etsy sales in the year 2008. I have been running Argyle Whale since January at about half speed due to other jobs and so I'm doubling my goal to 400 Etsy sales for next year since I'm only working a few hours per week now. That would really be something!

I think 2009 is going to be my most ambitious year ever. I have big plans.

These are my big plans:

- Jenn and I are totally revamping argylewhale.com and adding a checkout.

- I am soliciting boutiques nationwide to develop wholesale accounts. My goal is 10.

- I am joining a street team and an artist's association.

- I am getting my own studio outside of my home!

- I may (If I'm accepted) do an artist's residency type thing in my town where I do workshops and get a mini storefront. A little Argyle Whale store for real!

- I am expanding my line to include items in a variety of price points. Big prints + little buttons.

- I am taking screen printing and letterpress classes so I can be prepared to transition out of Gocco printing when my supplies run out.

- I am hopefully going to go on semi-tour and have a full lineup of craft shows to vend at.

Holy frijoles! I have never written it all down in a list like that. I better get going!

5 comments:

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Good luck with your goal list ! That is a great way to start the new year, and I think I had better do one ! By the way, the hedge hog spa day... too cute. I used to have one named Izzy.
Happy Holidays !

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

May 2009 be THE YEAR OF ARGYLE WHALE!!!!

Until then, enjoy the remaining days of 2008.
Cheers

Christine said...

Many goals for the new year so I am sending many wishes and blessings your way to help you accomplish them.

PeppermintDaydreams said...

wow! you're the bees knees! i wish you the best of luck in 09.

ink and ginger said...

I'm so glad Argyle Whale is doing well on Etsy. Here's to 2009, and new successes!