Here are five things that I am especially happy about right now.
1. Tomorrow is the grand opening of the Cute Show at the ellO Gallery and I can't wait to see my work on display and meet the other artists. Ah, what to wear?
2. A new machine has debuted that is a self-contained screenprinting device much like the Gocco. It's called the YUDU and looks like it has the potential to satisfy me in some way after I run out of supplies for my beloved Gocco printer. This gives me hope.
3. Etsy and Apartment Therapy have teamed up for a new creative competition called "Do It Now!" which encourages everyone to finally tackle a small household project in a creative way. I have so many ideas for fixing up my place that I never start so I am glad for the little nudge. Actually, the possibility of winning a $250 Etsy shopping spree is kind of a big nudge. I've already begun to spruce up the entryway to our apartment.
4. I am going on a business/fun trip! My old friend Ashley (of Fern Animals) and I are headed to New York City next week for the premire of Handmade Nation and to hear a lecture by Faythe Levine. I can't wait!
5. I finally thought of a concept for my first attempt at zinemaking and, by popular request, it will be overflowing with bunny illustrations.
I'll elaborate on all these super things in other posts but I just felt like bursting and wanted to share. Let me know what you're especially overjoyed about and help keep this glee-bubble intact!