Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring cleaning for the ol' shop!


The weather today was sunny and almost warm. I am so glad that spring will be here soon. I kept the windows open for hours and my home now feels like it's just breathed a deep sigh of relief. I enjoyed the afternoon on my porch taking new photos of prints to make my Etsy shop look better. I am planning on having a big sale this coming week (stay tuned) to help clean out some items that I just don't want to look at anymore.

I have a few prints that have been in my shop for a long time collecting virtual dust. My "Fiesta Snakes" print is the most acute example of this unfortunate condition. I'm not all that surprised really, I think the majority of people would greatly prefer to have a print of a bunny or a whale over a trio of snakes and it really was not my cleverest design. So, I decided to make those thirty plus unsold prints useful. I cut out the snakes with my pinking shears, added a bit of ribbon and turned them into bookmarks. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I am confident that they are much better than their original incarnation. These special new snake bookmarks will be included with every order while they last!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I agree, they look much better as bookworms / bookmarks :o)

MarmeeCraft said...

So Sweet and Lovely!! :) And Shop Spring Tidying is such a wonderful thing,indeed!! (As is opening up the windows and letting the house breathe!!)

Sam said...

Hey Elise!

I'm having a classic good news/bad news day. The good news is I'm so delighted to find your shop through the Disapproving Rabbits. Your stuff is as delightful as it is charming. But as I was reading some older posts I was horrified to see the discontinuation of the Print Gocco stuff. OMG! I love my card maker, it's one of the things I would save in a fire, and am now stressed about the prospect of its premature obsolescence. Do you have a recommendation for supply reorders now?

melroska said...

your new photos look really nice...i especially like the first photo for the vampire hedgehog print...it looks like it was taken backstage at a theatre...very dramatic!
i also love your doilies! i want some...

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Thanks Mel! And Hi Sam, It's nice to meet you!

I really wish I had a good secret source for gocco supplies. Sadly, I used to get mine from Paper Source but they are often sold out. I stocked up through some Ebay sellers though the prices have surely been jacked up.

I have enough to last me a year or two but I am working on learning traditional screenprinting to ease the absence!

Lara said...

I was just going to post how much I love your skirt until I realized it's a pillow? :) still... really nice material!