Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fantasy self

Leafy spaceship


I started a group with a couple of friends that is based on monthly meetings designed to set goals and encourage each other. My friend Lillie also made a piece of art recently that described her most perfect dream self in a dream life situation. These two encouraging forces made me want to paint (metaphorically) a picture of my best future self so that I can have a clear idea of what I want. I think this list will help me stay on track.

Potentially Achievable Dream Elise: (artistic/professional self)

- Dream Elise is taking spanish and sign language classes
- Dream Elise finished her first storybook "Mail Order Alligator"
- Dream Elise has loads of fun teaching workshops all over the place
- Dream Elise manages a handful of freelance illustration projects
- Dream Elise had a show at a local cafe
- Dream Elise felt confident to bring her show to a gallery
- Dream Elise is not scared of technology- scans & edits like it's nothing
- Dream Elise found a way to make digital art prints that look perfect
- Dream Elise believes in herself as an artist- not plagued by self doubt
- Dream Elise is an organizer of BBB & has become very helpful
- Dream Elise launched her secret website idea
- Dream Elise gets a space in Salem's Artist Row
- Dream Elise keeps her workspace tidy or at least functional
- Dream Elise feels capable of drawing a human
- Dream Elise finishes what she starts!

I hope that I didn't gross anyone out by talking in third person like a creep. I didn't put a deadline on this because that would surely lead to pressure and guilt but I wanted most of the things to be achievable soon-ish. I will not be proud if I am a senior citizen when I get this stuff done and will take any advice or assistance I can get.



5 comments:

Bea Modisett said...

I already think you're a dream, Elise.

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

ahahah bea! I am looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

robyn said...

Elise, I just wanted to share with you that you list inspired me to make one of my own. I think it was a brilliant idea.
http://www.robayre.com/news/2011/09/23/future-robyn/

O'Reilly Ink said...

I really, really like this. I might make a list for a Future Maggy. :)

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Robyn, Your list is great and I'm sure you can do it.

Maggy! I'd love to see your list too :)