Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Workshop wrap up

I led a workshop at Montserrat College of Art this past weekend about being an artist and a businessperson. The main focus of the workshop was getting your work online using Etsy and I talked loads about social networking, selling at craft fairs, licensing and gave all the tips I could think of. It was eight hours of enthusiastically trying to show creative people who are on the fence about selling their work how to go for it! It was seriously so much fun and I couldn't be more proud about the response I've gotten from the participants. I'm feeling very warm and fuzzy about all the feedback and I can't wait to see the shops they set up.


I know I haven't got it all figured out for myself but teaching people what I know has helped me see how far I've come.

I can't wait until my next workshop! Teaching is the best. I am learning so much.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

It was so fabulous--thank you so much! Hilary and I are both super inspired and excited! Plus it was really great to meet you, and to just hang out all weekend talking about our art!

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Thank you! It was great to meet you too. I'll talk about art anytime! :)