I made these designs earlier this week but I held out on the printing until my Paper-Source order came in. I am pleased to present this dramatic duo of euphoric goat and despairing hippopotamus cards. This is the first time that I've made a design for cards and they please me. They are blank inside so they are very versatile and I've already had the opportunity to use a couple. I used the noooo hippo as an apology card for completely forgetting about breakfast plans with friends (shame!) and I'm intending to send the yes goat to my cousin because he and his wife just had a new baby.
I have been having fun brainstorming possible situations where the cards would be appropriate.
Some NOooo card suggestions:
- Disbelief... "Nooo! I am shocked that you got dumped/ fired/ injured/ pwned"
- A very emphatic written response to a question... "Nooo! I will sadly be missing your very important social gathering."
- Denial..."Nooo! I would never share that exceptionally juicy secret!"
- Despair... "Nooooo! I made a terrible mistake!"
Here are a few suggestions for the YES card:
- Congratulations on the new...baby/ lover/ job/ home/ tooth
- Generally excited thank-you card... "yes! I can't believe you brought me the guinea pig of my dreams!"
- Proud type card... "Yes! I'm so glad you got that sweet trophy."
- Gloating... "Yes! Never forget that I reign as Boggle champion!"
I am wondering if these would be inappropriate for more serious correspondences like death or divorce because they are pretty silly. I think their lightheartedness could be welcome but I am not officially endorsing the idea because it is pretty risky. I'm listing them on Etsy tomorrow because I'm too sleepy to complete the mission right now.
I welcome any more card message suggestions to add to my listing.