Monday, March 10, 2008

It's business time.


Well, I'll be back to work at the bakery tomorrow and I can feel pretty good about what I accomplished on my two days off. I put a bunch of new things in the shop and also cleaned up the look a little. I brightened my pictures and finally wrote out a thorough profile full of policies. I wrote a great one out when I first opened my shop but I was struck by an extremely frustrating Etsy glitch that erased the whole thing. Of course, I hadn't saved it and I was so irritated that I just put a quick one up and hadn't made a new one until today. I feel better now.

I was working so much that I barely left the house even though the weather was sunny and nice. Justin enticed me out of our cave with an invitation to have matcha lattes at a local cafe. On our walk there, my legs were stiff and I was squinting from the sun. I realized that if I ever get to the point where I can work on my art for a living from home that I absolutely need be forced to not become an apartment bat and to have some interaction with the outdoors. It is sometimes hard to convince myself that there is anything outside more delightful than making things and being in the company of my bunny pals.

Speaking of bunnies; I finally managed to capture a photo of a bunny tongue. It seems like it should be easy and I've seen it done many times but it took me awhile. Hodge and Yoshimi are quick lickers but I caught a flash of pink during a serious bunny grooming session. Thrilling!

It seems to not take much to thrill me. That is probably why I'm generally a happy person.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the bunny tongue is an illusive beastie to capture on film, even more so, is the happens-in-a-split-second bunny yawn that exposes tongue and upper teeth. This is the pinnacle of bunny cuteness.

idyll hands said...

Cuteness.

idyll hands said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Too... Much... cuteness!!!!

Hazel Martin Designs said...

Your bunnies are adoreable! Mine looked like your white one with a black stripe down her back. Sadly she passed away this summer. They are the most wonderful pets!

Sandy Mastroni said...

Love your blog .... yes making things and being with my cats ...I forget there is an outside world too. I actually took the time one day to measure all my cat's tails . I found this much more fun than 'shopping' or some other normal thing like that . Nice to meet you ... I found you on etsy and now I'm happy I found your blog ! come and visit me too

ThePeachTree said...

Oh forget about it! How cute is that?!? Mind exploding!!