I've got to admit that I've been too preoccupied to make anything new and exciting lately so I thought I'd make an update post about some projects I had going on before.
The vintage doilies I found (and wrote about here) haven't gotten much action even though I keep staring at them. I cut a few flowers out of one of the damaged doilies and pressed them in my button machine. The mylar covering crinkled slightly due to the added thickness but I think they look pretty. Not pretty enough to make a whole bunch though. I also have been using one of the larger ones as a background for photos and I think it adds a nice textural detail. For now, most of them are placed under my terrariums on a shelf in classic doily fashion.
Speaking of terrariums; my mossy wonderlands were really doing splendidly. The plants were looking greener and the condensation was just right. Sadly, I think the moss I picked up off the road may have had some mold spores inside because a gray fuzz is slowly creeping across the landscape in all the environments that contain moss. I think their future is dismal and I will have to start again later with new moss. I'm pretty disappointed but not totally dismayed. I'm thankful that my favorite terrarium which contains just a small fern frond is doing very nicely.
I'm looking forward to the rest of this week because I have less responsibilities and can get back to my experiments. I made a trip to the craft store yesterday so I'm expecting a surge in the shop soon because nothing gets my brain going like new supplies.
Above is a picture of me that Justin took recently. The buttons look pretty on my jacket but my face seems like I smelled something foul. I do feel a little glamorous because the wind was actually blowing my hair around in a romantic fashion. That is a rare thing for me since this is the longest my hair has been in over eight years so I'm relishing the new sensation.