Monday, June 02, 2008

Country-type things


I had a nice excursion with a friend today. We took a scenic drive to gather local veggies to eat and small herbs to plant from a couple farms. I got to visit Buffy (my favorite buffalo) a cantaloupe-eating cow and a llama. I'm a little pink from being out in the sun all day and look forward to spending the rest of the night at home.

My goal for the evening is to draw a rooster wearing socks. When I visited my family this weekend, I picked up the gem of a phrase "cooler than a rooster wearing socks". What imagery! After a Google search, I discovered that the rooster+socks pairing has many different (and equally peculiar) phrase variations. Obviously, I was bedazzled and knew that this saying deserved an illustration. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds like the 'perfect' day. Can't wait to see the 'socks on a rooster' pic. I'm chuckling just thinking of such a sight.