Friday, October 17, 2008

did it!


Thanks to some good advice from Sarah of CraftyFolk, I managed to make the holiday postcards that I was fussing so much over. She recommended that I basically chill out and " just make something that makes you smile when you look at it.". So, I tried to forget about what I thought everyone else would want in a card and simply designed the card that I wanted to send out this year. This version is obviously personalized for Justin and I but I made some without initials to sell.

These lovebears actually resemble us a bit (at least our accessories and hot drink habit) and I think it'll be a fun couple-y card to send off since it's our first Christmas since we got married.

5 comments:

Sarah Golden/craftyFOLK said...

Elise, these are really really too cute! good job. i'm sure you feel tons better now, glad i could be a morsel of help to you:)

best,
sarah

Christine said...

I love it. Pretty accurate I'd say, you with your hair accessory and Justin all sleepy-eyed :o)

Anonymous said...

These came out great! I'm glad you found a strategy that worked. They're adorable!!

Anonymous said...

So so adorable! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I was about to say that they resemble you two quite well! I especially love your Holly Hair. :D