I started a group with a couple of friends that is based on monthly meetings designed to set goals and encourage each other. My friend Lillie also made a piece of art recently that described her most perfect dream self in a dream life situation. These two encouraging forces made me want to paint (metaphorically) a picture of my best future self so that I can have a clear idea of what I want. I think this list will help me stay on track.
Potentially Achievable Dream Elise: (artistic/professional self)
- Dream Elise is taking spanish and sign language classes
- Dream Elise finished her first storybook "Mail Order Alligator"
- Dream Elise has loads of fun teaching workshops all over the place
- Dream Elise manages a handful of freelance illustration projects
- Dream Elise had a show at a local cafe
- Dream Elise felt confident to bring her show to a gallery
- Dream Elise is not scared of technology- scans & edits like it's nothing
- Dream Elise found a way to make digital art prints that look perfect
- Dream Elise believes in herself as an artist- not plagued by self doubt
- Dream Elise is an organizer of BBB & has become very helpful
- Dream Elise launched her secret website idea
- Dream Elise gets a space in Salem's Artist Row
- Dream Elise keeps her workspace tidy or at least functional
- Dream Elise feels capable of drawing a human
- Dream Elise finishes what she starts!
I hope that I didn't gross anyone out by talking in third person like a creep. I didn't put a deadline on this because that would surely lead to pressure and guilt but I wanted most of the things to be achievable soon-ish. I will not be proud if I am a senior citizen when I get this stuff done and will take any advice or assistance I can get.