Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 special birthday


Happy 11/11/11 to all of you and especially to my friend and much admired artist- Sarah Coyne! Today is Sarah's birthday and the girl knows how to have a good time. She has planned an entire day's worth of goodness including buttery breakfast, aquarium animals, high tea on the sea and a grand finale of ice cream sundaes! I love her. This day is so full of my favorite things that it feels as nice as my own birthday!


To celebrate the occasion, I made her a painting that makes very little sense but features many elements of her party. There are sea lions and penguins in some spaceless wavyland enjoying tea and whipped cream and cake (sometimes as hats).

I tried to make it very loose because I am battling my general way of making art that requires timid pencil, erasing, edits and all that. I still don't think this looks effortless but it is getting there. There are paint marks outside the lines!!

No comments: