Monday, January 21, 2008

Barnacle Whale in brown


I have just made a second version of "Barnacle Whale" available for sale on Etsy. The original was very subtle with white ink on pale aqua paper. This time I wanted to show the details more clearly so the new print is a higher contrast of white on chocolate brown. The image feels completely different now and I wonder which version will be more popular. I really can't decide which I prefer myself.

Hey, (side note) has anyone seen that commercial that shows a pod of killer whales flinging a seal around? The ad shows this to some angsty rock music and at the end says "Still want to save whales?" and then "save pandas". I seriously shouted and shook my fists in the air when I saw it. Maddening.

Don't watch it if you have a weak heart. But if you're looking for something to get bent out of shape about then here is some premium material. I honestly hope that pandas did not approve this smear campaign.

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

I like it!

Dharma Designs said...

Very nice! Glad I found your blog through the Etsy forums.