Monday, February 25, 2008

Bunnies are BOSS!



Remember when I found all those antique handmade doilies at my parent's house? Well, I found another handiwork marvel that has given me inspiration for a new design.

The photo above is of an unfinished cross-stitch that my Dad's first wife made. The design honors their beloved black pug dog named Klinka. I think it's a really charming pet tribute and I wanted to make a similar design for the bunnies. I printed "Bunnies Are Boss" on pale yellow cardstock with hand-pinked edges (admittedly slightly wonky) in pink, blue and green ink and then mounted the image on dark green cardstock. Anyone who has a house rabbit will understand that they really are boss of the house but I meant boss in the retro slang kind of way. Bunnies are boss as in bitchin' or rad!

I also have been wanting to make an item to use for fund raising for a bunny rescue group. I always wanted to volunteer at a shelter but there are none close enough to me and I don't think I'd be great at it anyway. I probably would have the my apartment overrun with bunnies in no time. So, I thought it would be a good idea to have a fund raising item in my shop so I could help out somehow.

I'd like to make these "Bunnies Are Boss" Gocco prints in an open edition in hopes of generating as much money as possible for the rescue. I'm planning on selling the prints for 15 dollars each and sending 10 dollars from each sale to Hop-a-long Hollow which is a bunny rescue in Norwalk, CT that is outstanding. I'm just waiting to hear back from them regarding using their name in my item listings and then I'll get going. I am very excited to do this because I always have such good intentions and rarely follow through.

No comments: