Friday, September 26, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes


Photo by Rick Stevens/SMH

Well, I haven't posted in ages but that isn't because I didn't have anything to say. Justin went away on a trip and our computer decided that it couldn't live without him so I was left stranded, husband-less and internet-less until he came home. It was pretty lonely!

I have a handful of updates to catch up on before I can get back on track.

First, and most dramatic, is my decision to leave the Cinema Cafe project that I've been working on for months. It's pretty devastating to leave a job that I've put such a tremendous amount of energy into but I had to leave as an act of self preservation. I found out where the end of my rope was and how long I could go on being optimistic about a grand opening. I'm tying up loose ends this week and training their new manager but after that I'm washing my hands of the place. I learned a whole lot and I'm glad I did it (I think).

Then, I slinked back to my trusty old bakery job and I was given some work. It is so nice to be back at the bakery especially since it's apple tart season!

I also expect I'll be having a new job at a downtown natural baby goods store. I will be working on their displays and such so that will be fun. Babies are a bit out of my comfort zone but I know I'll adapt.

I hope that this job shift will leave me more time to focus on Argyle Whale. The Cafe was sucking so much of my time and creativity up that I barely had any left for the shop. My feelings are bittersweet but I'm optimistic that my creative pursuits will benefit from losing the cafe.

3 comments:

Jess (aka LittleBunny) said...

when one door closes another always opens! the baby store and working on the AW stuff sounds like a good alternative to the stress of the cinema cafe.

Anonymous said...

The baby store sounds like a great new challenge. Sorry to hear the cafe didn't work out to your expectations and I think it's brave to recognize when to cut your losses and move on. Look forward to hearing more about your new venture.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Sounds like a change in the right direction. You seem in better spirits- a very good sign.

Good luck with the shift!