Sunday, January 18, 2009

Up again :)


Yesterday's post must have been cathartic because I woke up today with more enthusiasm and motivation than usual. I expect part of that was due to all the supportive messages you beloved blog friends sent me and part of it was because I was contacted by a very nice person who requested permission to get a tattoo of my Strawberry Love Bunny design! The idea that someone will be permanently displaying my illustration on their body for the rest of their life makes me feel like I've hit some sort of milestone.

I also am thrilled to report that a whole bunch of my prints are going to be on display in the Ello Gallery in Portsmouth, NH as part of their "Cute Show". Byrdy, the curator, saw my work at Bazaar Bizarre and invited me to be a part of the show. This is the first time I've had the honor of showing more than one Argyle Whale print in a gallery setting.

I guess I need to get used to the manic highs and lows of piloting Argyle Whale.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow, congrats on the invite to be on display at the Ello Gallery. That's awesome. Recognition is a wonderful thing. And it's pretty cool that someone wants one of your prints as a tattoo. You don't give yourself enough credit sometimes :o)